Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Whale of a Time

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and it made me think about a small Valentine's day party I did for my son a few years ago.


Photobucket

I drew inspiration from this adorable invitation I found on Tiny Prints, which has a collection of simple, affordable party invitations and cards.

Photobucket Photobucket

The cupcakes were done by the talented Julie Desmeules, at Blue Cupcake, and designed to match the invitations and color scheme.

Photobucket

The food was all brunch-style, as it was a morning party- hot quiches, a handsome fruit platter, heart shaped tea sandwiches, and Mimosas for the Mommies!

Photobucket Photobucket

I made little favor bags filled with trinkets for the babies and a homemade Valentine as a favor tag and card in one.  The "lip whistles" were a huge hit, as my son demonstrates here!

Photobucket Photobucket

Good friends were in attendance and despite a rainy day move inside, this Valentine's day party was one I think back on fondly! It was proof that a little inspiration, no matter where it comes from (invitations, pillows, wardrobe accessories?!), can set the stage for a fun and cohesive event!

Happy Love Day!
signature-final

No comments:

Post a Comment